Long mouse reconnect time after sleep (Was: [BTM] Kensington PocketMouse Bluetooth Optical mouse)

Stephen Jonke sjj_public at mac.com
Thu Jul 8 20:18:14 PDT 2004

Well, the verdict is in, and it is that a 1.5 GHz PowerBook G4 sees the
same long reconnect times with my bluetooth mouse after waking from
sleep that I saw with my old PowerBook and a first-generation D-Link
USB bluetooth module, so it wasn't the module. If I wait about a minute
after waking from sleep it then reconnects and the mouse works. Pretty
ludicrous. Do others see this with their bluetooth mice? What about on
Windows? My old RF mouse could wake up the Mac let alone not having any
significant reconnect time. Still once connected the mouse works
beautifully, much smoother than an RF mouse.

Steve