Happy with T616

Robert Weller n6ne at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 09:53:57 PDT 2004

I've been reading this list since the beginning, but
bought my first BT products just last week.  I have a
G5/1.8, a G4-Cube/1.2, and a G4/500 TiBook.

My cellphone carrier, AT&T wireless was offering some
excellent deals to migrate from 800 MHz TDMA to 1900
MHz GSM, so I jumped.  I bought a Sony-Ericsson T616
BT phone ($100 with my new service) and a no-name BT
USB dongle from eBay ($24 plus shipping).

On the G5, everything was plug and play.  I plugged in
the BT dongle and launched BT Setup Assistant.  In
minutes, I had exported my address book into the
phone, added family photos, etc.  No more laboriously
re-entering phone numbers each time I get a new phone!
 And, now I can toss the old photos of my kids that I
carry in my wallet in favor of new images stored on
the T616!

On the Cube, the dongle wasn't immediately recognized.
 After updating the BT driver in OSX to the latest
version, however, everything worked fine.  I haven't
tried the TiBook yet.

I am also running the shareware program PhoneAgent,
and it has some nice features for use with the T616.

I'm sold on BT.  Any recommendations for a BT
handsfree kit for my car?

Bob W.