[BTM] phone with full address book

Dr. Edward Covelli ecovelli at covellichiro.com
Tue Oct 19 07:35:38 PDT 2004

Rumor has it that R.Hannes Niedner, from hannes.niedner at gmx.net, sent the
following in an email dated 10/19/04 2:48 AM:

> I am looking for a phone that allows me to sync the complete address
> book entries and not just the phone numbers, but I am not interested in
> getting a full blown PDA or Sony EriccsonP800/900. I got a Cingular
> contract and from what I have read on Apples iSync site the Nokia 6620
> is not yet supported. I would be grateful for any suggestions or
> experiences.
> I have the SE T616 which is ok but doesn't offer a full (sync-able)
> address book. I would love to have a clamshell phone but from what I
> found googling Motorola phones are supposed to have a crappy OS
> (especially the address book) whilst the SE Z600 doesn't offer a full
> address book.

I have a Nokia 3650 (same as the 3620). It syncs completely with Address
Book. The only problem is custom fields. If you use the generic names home,
work, mobile, etc then it is fine.

One quirk, if you edit certain items for a contact on the Mac after you sync
the contact on the phone may lose special settings. Those being image,
one-touch, defaults, custom ring tone, etc.

The calendar syncing is much less reliable.

In Good Health,
     Dr. Ed
Dr. Edward M. Covelli, Jr.                      Chiropractor
(914) 472-5744                     ecovelli at covellichiro.com
495 Central Park Avenue          http://www.covellichiro.com
Suite 301                    http://www.healthyworkshops.com
Scarsdale, NY 10583

Helping people regain and maintain optimal health.
Subscribe to my health newsletter, send a blank email to:
AAAHealthNews-subscribe at yahoogroups.com