[BTM] phone with full address book

bT bigtoot at mac.com
Tue Oct 19 15:44:32 PDT 2004

On Oct 19, 2004, at 23:02, Scott Macdonald wrote:

> Ahh, that may be the difference between the two phones is an address
> field
> in the contact info. I looked for z600 and k700 screenshots to see if I
> could see the difference but all I could find is this:
>
> http://www.esato.com/phones/index.php/phone=122,cp=105
>
> So here's what my z600 contact infos shows:
>
> Name:
> Home:
> Work:
> Mobile:
> Fax:
> Other:
> Email:
>
> So do you have additional fields?

Uhm, yup - got all of the above, plus:

web address
picture (apparently doesn't sync using PhoneAgent or iSync)
ringtone
voice commands (one for each phone number)

Title
Company (doesn't display this correctly when synced - ongoing SE bug)
Street
City
State
Zip
Country
Info - open field to enter notes

I find it hard to believe a full-featured phone like the z600 doesn't
have the facility to store contact addresses, that seems a bit bizarre?
  I downloaded the SE guide to the z600 (from here:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/Z600_UG_R1a_EN.pdf ) and the only
reference I could find to Contact fields was in a passage about the
'Phonebook/Options' menu where it says you can switch on or off certain
fields in the Contact entries.  Does that do anything useful?

Only other thing I can think of is to check you have the Phonebook set
to use the phone memory and not the SIM - you have more room in the
phone's memory to store info, maybe address fields don't get stored on
the SIM?

Other than that, I'm stumped!  :-)

Mark