OS X (and 9) disk utilities

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Dec 3 06:12:41 PST 2002

> From: David Crump <davecrump at mac.com>
>
> Any word out yet on what disk utility I should get for my Classic iBook
> running OS X.1.5?  I've heard of Drive 10 and Norton SystemWorks.  I
> mainly want to be able to defrag my hard drive, and it would be nice if
> it would also work with OS 8.5 or 9 on my old Performa, but that is not
> crucial.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Any of them will do, but the best hands down is Alsoft's
Diskwarrior/PlusOptimizer (they come together on the CD). Costs about
$80, available from your local Apple Store or direct from Alsoft
(www.alsoft.com).

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**