Taking screenshots in Jaguar

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Dec 4 08:50:33 PST 2002

> From: Joe <jabeleda at nbn.net>
>
> HI! Just installed Jaguar. I noticed when I take a screenshot
> (cmd-shit-4) the file turns out as a pdf. Is there a way to make the
> screenshot a TIFF file like 10.1?

Short answer: no.

Tinkertool used to adjust this preference for you, but Jag changed all
that. Nowadays I take the screen shot then drag the file to a shareware
app called Kunvert. It changes the PDF to whatever format I want.
Useful for other types of PDF to, btw!

You can get Kunvert from any of the usual Mac download places.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**