[P1] Battery

Dale Critchley dale at infinityltd.org
Wed Dec 4 08:59:32 PST 2002

On 8/29/02 6:40 PM, Bill Raffensperger, for whom Jesus died for the
forgiveness of sins, wrote from raffy at macsrule.com saying:

> I recently paid $60 for a clamshell iBook battery on a dutch auction on
> eBay that was DOA. There was some info on this list about the VST
> charger from SmartDisk. They have refurbs for under $40 with their
> "oops" discount. It comes with an Apple yoyo adapter and a power cord,
> just like you use on the iBook. The charger without adapter is available
> for under $24 (with discount). SmartDisk also sells clamshell iBook
> batteries for about $68 (with discount). They also offer free
> residential UPS shipping. The VST charger brought both my DOA eBay
> battery and my original Sept 99 iBook battery that no longer held a
> charge back to life. It registered about 4 hours in OS9 and just under 3
> in OSX.
>
> http://store.yahoo.com/smartdiskstore/lapbatcharan.html

I ordered one of these chargers. Missed the discount & had to pay $40 sans
adapter. Anyway, I hooked up the battery, it cycled through some light
colors, turned yellow for about a minute, then went to flashing red. Is my
battery 100% dead?

--
 |   Bought with a Price,
-+-  Dale