iBook 12inch white (firewire, kernel re)

Larry Blodgett lblodgett at macosx.com
Wed Dec 11 07:50:18 PST 2002

OK,  I ran the Apple Hardware Test CD v. 1.2 on my iBook.  Everything
came back as passed (both long and short tests).  It doesn't seem to
have a test for the firewire port (i don't know it may be broken).

I think I have decided my major software problem is "the kernel is
glitched".  I don't necessarily want to drag this thing out but I can
either install from scratch with my Jaguar CD and then go through all
the updater stuff on the internet or I can install a new kernel (can
I???) this would be a learning experience.

Has anyone installed a new kernel with MacOSX kind of like we would
do it with Linux?  What would the list recommend? New install or new
kernel?

Thanks for your help and your patience!!!!!!!!!
--
Larry Blodgett
email:  (lblodgett at macosx.com)

In theory, practice and theory are the same,
but in practice they are different.