[P1] truth in advertising

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Dec 18 15:16:36 PST 2002

I was going to write something here, but the comments at the
bottom of the url (for the story BJM started this post by
referring to) seem to cover all possible interpretations,
so why not just read those and chose the ones we like?  I
myself like the "Sure is a lot of overinterpretation going
on here" variations.

The quote below sounds to me like just some writer's idea of
how to fill some lines, get some feedback energy which can then
be used to convince his/her boss he/she's popular; none of the
facts cited support his/her overinterpretaion.  IMHO, of course.

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, B.J. Major wrote:
 . . .
> to do the ad are not real switchers at all.  Here's a quote from the
> article:
>
> "The media, and users, were erroneously led to believe by Apple that the
> switchers were for real, people who wrote in telling their stories of why
> they switched to Mac. "
 . . .