Video input/output via USB for ibook and PC?

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Dec 19 11:06:48 PST 2002

Hi all,

I'm looking for an external box of some sort that can input video (rca plugs are fine) and also export video, if possible (of course my iBook has video out, but my PC laptop does not) via USB and have drivers for both PC and Mac.   I'd like the input option because I would like to hook up my PlayStation2 to either PC or Mac on the road and play games using the computer screen, in its own window or full screen. The output would be meant for my PC, which does not have video out.   Anyone ever heard of a converter that will work?  TV tuner capability would be a plus.

I've done some searching, but I haven't been able to find anything, or at least anything that is up to date.  Maybe someone on this list has used such a hardware device.....

Thanks!

Al