[P1] Video input/output via USB for ibook and PC?

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Dec 19 15:05:38 PST 2002

Alric J. Lam wrote the following:

> I'm looking for an external box of some sort that can input video (rca plugs
> are fine) and also export video, if possible (of course my iBook has video
> out, but my PC laptop does not) via USB and have drivers for both PC and Mac.
> I'd like the input option because I would like to hook up my PlayStation2 to
> either PC or Mac on the road and play games using the computer screen, in its
> own window or full screen. The output would be meant for my PC, which does not
> have video out.   Anyone ever heard of a converter that will work?  TV tuner
> capability would be a plus.
>
> I've done some searching, but I haven't been able to find anything, or at
> least anything that is up to date.  Maybe someone on this list has used such a
> hardware device.....

Have you checked out the Formac Studio? (now called Studio DV or DVTV if
with TV tuner)

It can convert almost anything to anything (s-video, rca, firewire, audio
and video, tv and radio tuner) and uses firewire connection. IMHO, only
drawback is price.

<http://www.formac.com/p_bin/?cid=solutions_converters_studiodvtv>

HTH,

Richard