[P1] OT: Your worst Macs..!

david davidwb at spymac.com
Thu Dec 19 15:05:52 PST 2002

On 12/19/02 2:08 PM, "Joe" <jabeleda at nbn.net> wrote:

> I have come to the conclusion that the iBook is that best Mac I have
> owned!  THEY ARE STURDY!  The clam-shell iMac (my 466SE Graphite) is
> almost 3 years old and is like a rock!..My IceBook is my workhorse at
> work, home and school...However my worst Macs were:
>
> Powerbook 5300-it literally fell apart!
>
> Powerbook Wallstreet: After 3 months, the new Powerbook's hinges were
> loose and cracked!
>
> TAM:  The most expensive gift I have ever given to my parents and the
> subwoofer failed, two days after they opened it.. also.many, many, many
> other problems. I still say it looks better than the Gateway Profile,
> though IMOHO...LOL
>
> Oppps I forgot the Powerbook 1400 was a GREAT machine i forgot to
> mention and I gave it to my sis, which she still uses..
>
> What's your worst Mac?...I know, it's rare but...

Joe - they saw you coming!!! Look, from now on, whenever you make a computer
purchase, let us all know...we can avoid the lemons <grin>

I've been buying a Mac every 2 years since 1989 (notebook and desktop) and
none of them have been a worst Mac. Then again, except for the Tangerine
iBook, every Mac I've bought has been end of lifed so I've always known if
the model was a loser or not.

BTW - with one exception EVERY Mac I've bought is still in service. The
single exception is a PowerBook 140 that was fatally injured in a car wreck.
The amazing thing is that this computer-LCD half broken and case spit open
on the bottom-worked well enough that I was able to remove data via the
floppy before handing it over to my insurance agent.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by frost.

davidwb at spymac.com