[P1] 'Book case

Small Moose Ltd small_moose_ltd at mac.com
Fri Dec 20 08:21:00 PST 2002

On 20/12/02 4:07 pm, "Harry D.  Corsover" <harry at corsazzi.com> wrote:

> watch out for overheating. There needs to be air circulation. I use a
> CoolPad almost all the time (I have the Podium model for my desk, and the
> smaller one for my lap and for travel). This not only provides additional
> air circulation for cooling, but offers a swivel that I find convenient.

I'll second Harry's statement. I bought a TV turntable for your average 14"
portable TV for $1. My clamshell iBook sits happily on it and swivels when
it gets bored. I like the idea that I'm helping to keep its processor as
cool as possible, and hopefully give it a good long life.

One of my friends was talking to me recently about her PC laptop, which she
loves to work with in bed. Trouble is, the thing frequently overheats. You'd
think laptop manufacturers would understand by now that there's a great many
people who like to spend time in bed with their loved one, but can't because
of fiery temperaments. A bit similar to designing a pizza that you can't
cook in an oven, or a rabbit you can't put in your headlights.