[P1] Death of Image Capture

Eric B. Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Sun Dec 22 07:51:28 PST 2002

At 10:39 AM -0500 12/22/02, Jack Rodgers wrote:
>On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 09:13  AM, Eric B. Richardson wrote:
>
>>Update: I used pacifist to re-install image capture. Didn't work.
>>
>>Looks more and more like I need to set aside the time to install Jaguar.
>
>Did you set your camera to download? This is something we sometimes
>forget and then become anxious trying all kinds of things when all
>we needed to do is turn the dial on the camera to the download
>setting...
>
>I've done this a couple of times and so have others on the list.

My camera doesn't have a download setting, it is truly plug and play.
All I have to do is plug in the USB cord to my mac and the camera lcd
reads "USB PC mode." And iPhoto starts up. But I prefer Image Capture
and Graphic Converter.

What happens is whenever I start up Image Capture, the program just
barely starts and then I get a message that the program has quit, but
has not otherwise affected the system or other running programs. This
is even when it is the only running application after a fresh
restart. Or would have been, if it had actually started to the point
where I could see the menu bar or something.