[P1] Death of Image Capture

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 22 15:52:06 PST 2002

On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 10:51  AM, Eric B. Richardson wrote:

> What happens is whenever I start up Image Capture, the program just
> barely starts and then I get a message that the program has quit, but
> has not otherwise affected the system or other running programs. This
> is even when it is the only running application after a fresh restart.
> Or would have been, if it had actually started to the point where I
> could see the menu bar or something.

Without your camera connected, open Image Capture. A window should open
saying No Image Capture device connected.

Select the Image Capture preferences under the Image Capture menu.

Select  for When a Camera is connected, Image Capture. Or if you prefer
use the Other option for another application. Quit Image Capture and
connect your camera.

If that doesn't work, disconnect the camera and try another selection
in the popup menu.

When Image capture opens, it presents a window letting you select where
to down load the fotos, I usually download to an empty folder named New
Pictures and then drag that only to the iView Media Pro alias.

If this still doesn't work, open Image Capture before you connect your
camera and see what happens. It is possible your camera is just
incompatible but let's not give up yet.

You can also check Apple support to see what they say about the problem.

---
Absolutes have a habit of being wrong...
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com
iCal:  coming soon