multimedia projector and clamshell iBook

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Dec 23 21:57:24 PST 2002

> From: Dan Farley <danfarley at mac.com>
>

> Jack wrote

No he didn't, I did. I may loathe the man, but I refuse to let him take
the rap for my screw-up.

> Jack - am curious why you are so adamant about something you haven't a
> clue
> about. As was said so well earlier by TJ, but I guess in your haste to
> wow
> us you failed to read it.

No, it was me, and I plead guilty to completely forgetting about the
rev. C iBooks (the ones with FW) ... I never owned one which probably
caused me to blank out on it. The rev. A and rev. B are exactly as I
described, but not the rev. C.

>> I have a Blueberry Rev. B clamshell iBook.  Unfortunately our Rev. B's
>> have no video out whatsoever.  The Rev. C iBooks (firewire) were the
>> first iBooks to offer any sort of external video.   They had the
>> modified Head Phone Jack, that with the proper adaptor, gave you AV
>> Jacks that would plug into a TV, projector etc.
>
> He (or maybe a she?) is right - you're wrong.

Yup, I'm wrong and the above (from the Weber's) is right.

> As a daily reader and sometimes bit player on this list, my
> frustration at
> your inaccuracies, politically tainted comments, off topic rants and
> pompous
> signatures have worn out my considerable patience. Jack you can add my
> name
> to the long list that have chosen to filter you out or left our group.

He does EVERYTHING you describe on a regular basis, and I killfiled him
months ago and have enjoyed the list much more ever since.

HOWEVER, he is totally innocent on this one. I am the guilty party, and
if you're going to filter someone for jumping the gun please filter me.
Jack gets a pass this once.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**