aircards for macs

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 24 08:35:10 PST 2002

Sprint has just added a new PC Card device for connecting your laptop
with their service. ...and, it doesn't work with a Mac. Someone posted
a script for the Merlin and Jaguar which I haven't tested.

How much longer will Apple continue to ignore the Powerbook users
desire to plug a card into the PC Card slot and log onto their
provider? It has been years now that we have been unable to use the
slot for that purpose.

Apple should do one of the following:

Provide drivers for the Aircard(s), Merlins and other such devices so
that PowerBook users can use them.

Pay the manufacturers to provide such drivers.

Pay UNIX programmers to provide such drivers.

Buy the company that produces Aircard if they won't produce the drivers
and then write the Mac drivers.

Create a superior PC Card for the Mac that will dial into any and all
cellular providers and provide the soon to arrive ethernet speeds.

Time for Apple (or someone) to do any or all of the above. An Apple
branded cellular card (for Sprint) would be cool.

Any one out there whose made a few million or billion out of our Apple
purchases who wants to give us a cellular card that works with our
Macs? My estimate is that 1,000,000 would be sold in the first 60
days...   :)

---

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com