[P1] jaguar on a rev A clamshell

Bill Lockhart blockhart1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 25 13:40:09 PST 2002

On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 11:59  AM, fielder-bianco wrote:

> hi,
>
> Can anyone here comment on the feasibility of running Jaguar on the
> original
> rev A blueberry clamshell 300mhz with the maximum ram of 288mb???? I
> currently have 10.1.5 and 9.2.2 running acceptably and would like to
> upgrade
> to Jaguar but don't want to spend that much money on something that
> will not
> be worth it. I have only recently subscribed to the list and my
> reading of
> it so far has not found postings addressing this model.
>
> TIA,
>

> A friend of mine has a 300 mhz blueberry iBook w/288 megs of RAM and a
> 20 GIG HD.
He noticed a slight improvement in speed over 10.1.5
If it is just a speed increase you're looking for I would say its not
worth it.
but if you want the latest, greatest OS from Apple with all the new
bells and whistles that go with it.
then you should upgrade. He's very happy with his setup. He uses it
mainly for word processing and cruising cyberspace.

Bill