Clamshell vs. IceBook

Glenn R. Fong fongg at t-bird.edu
Mon Nov 25 16:49:04 PST 2002

> For traveling, I am certain the clamshell is a better choice.
> It's much sturdier and will stand up to the stress of being
> jammed into an overstuffed backpack or carry-on bag.  I have
> handled the IceBook and now have a TiBook at work.  I would be
> very reluctant to travel with either of them.  I certainly
> would not schlep them between office and home when I commute
> by bicycle.  With my clamshell, on the other hand, I have no
> hesitation:  I pack it and go.

IceBook to-and-fro from the office on a daily basis.  On week-long trips to
Brazil, China, Japan and Taiwan as well as states-side.  No biking, but in
backpacks on foot, car/taxis, boats (Li River cruise in Guilin!), and
planes.  In constant motion, but happy to report it doesn't make it into the
bedroom or bathroom.