[P1] Scratch on TiBook back

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 26 16:42:23 PST 2002

On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 02:06  PM, Stephen Chakwin wrote:

> I took the TiBook with its scratch into the local Apple Store.  The
> Genius
> said that it was a purely cosmetic problem and if I had to have a
> perfect
> back till the next time I got a scratch and had $300-$500 that I
> didn't know
> what to do with and wanted two weeks free of my computer Apple tech
> could
> solve all of these problems at once.  I thanked him and left.

Why not call the source, Apple Support, and ask them. They might tell
you the same thing and then again you might get an entirely different
answer. Don't let the word 'genius' stop you from pursuing the issue.
Have you noticed that no one on this list has a perfect track record
for answers?

I wonder if any of the paint sticks for automobiles might provide a
solution, albeit less than perfect? There should be a solution for
minor scratches that doesn't cost $300. And how about those ads on TV
where the guy gouges the paint on a new car with nails and keys and
sets it on fire, etc. and repairs the damage with a wax product?

---
The #8 Reason we don't let kids vote:  They might vote to build for
children a $600 Million Dollar Publicly Funded Sports Stadium, just
like the adults get.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com