Posting to list

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Nov 28 12:36:27 PST 2002

> From: Jake Stickelmeyer <jstickel at olypen.com>
>
> I've been trying to find out how to post a question to the list.

You've just done it. :)

>  Not sure
> how I got here.

You subscribed to an iBook discussion email list.

>  My question is, what is an iceBook? Is this vernacular for a
> particular model series of iBooks?

Yes. The "iceBooks" are the current "style" of iBook ... small,
all-white, square.

Prior to these, iBooks were large, clamshell-shaped things in various
colours. If you've never seen one of those, here's a picture:

http://www.applelinks.com/news/gifs/indigotent.jpg

> One other not really  totally iBook question, what other applications
> can I
> use to open gif files, besides QuickTime Player?

Your browser will display them, or Preview, or Appleworks. There's also
the popular shareware GraphicConverter, pretty much any art program
(like Photoshop) and dozens of others. I personally use a program
called JView to quickly display JPEG and GIF files in Mac OS X. I
assume that's what you are using.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**