iBooks on TV - West Wing

B.J. Major bjbear71 at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 28 13:30:44 PST 2002

>Actually, it appeared to me that the logo had disappeared entirely. I
>rewound Tivo twice to have a look. I thought they had switched it out
>with a dummy laptop. But perhaps it was just my failing vision. ;)

Unfortunately, many shows and commercials are using the PowerBook G4
(TiBook) but completely covering the Apple logo on the lid.

As for The West Wing's use of Apple Computers, they have been pretty
consistant until now when it seems like more and more Windows boxes and
laptops are making their way into the White House.  Last year and the
year before, Sam Seaborn's PowerBook G3 (presumably a Pismo) could
frequently be seen on his desk in both an open and closed position.  The
glowing white apple on Sam's Pismo was clearly seen even in videotapes I
made of the episodes.

There are other current shows which also show off Apple's laptops on a
consistent basis and which do not attempt to cover up the Apple logo,
like Just Shoot Me and Will and Grace.  Shows in the recent past which
also showed off Apple well were Dharma & Greg, The Fugitive, Nash
Bridges, and others.

--bj
Like jazz?  Like Brazilian music?  Join Membership Support at:
http://www.bjbear71.com/