iBook doesn't sleep properly

Gorjan Todorovski gorjant at mac.com
Tue Apr 22 00:04:46 PDT 2003

Hi,

My iBook seems it is not sleeping properly. It goes to sleep (the light
is "breayhing") but it wastes the battery quite quickly. For example
when I put it to sleep with a full battery it drains it in approx. 24
hrs. This started I think with the 10.2.4 upgrade. In normal work the
battery works ok. I think that the iBook doesn't not actually goes
fully to sleep since when it supposed sleeping the left side of the
touch pad heats a bit, so iot seems it is doing something. After it
drains the battery and shuts down I also lose the correct time&date (it
goes to January 1970).

I have an 700 MHz iBook 14.1" with Mac OS X 10.2.5

Anybody had such experience?

Thanx!

Gorjan Todorovski
Oracle DBA