ibook: iMac RAM

Gene Bogart gbogart at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 26 12:47:21 PDT 2003

> ------------------------------
> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:34:05 -0500
> Subject: [P1] imac Ram
> From: MRH <macmike at famvid.com>
> I just bought a "used" imac with 256 meg of memory installed. I was
> wondering what is the max amount of memory that can be put in a 400 MHz
> imac? I have to buy the used stuff, can't afford the new ones.
>
> Dr. Mike Hughes, D.Min., Th.D.
> ------------------------------

Hi Dr Mike --  I have an iMac 500 (DV SE Snow), and I added a 512 module to
go with the 128 that I already had there. Now, with 640 megs of RAM the iMac
smokes! (Not literally...  but it's noticeably faster).

I purchased the memory through Crucial:  <http://www.crucial.com/index.asp>
They came highly recommended; great quality, and very reasonable prices.
I've been totally happy in dealing with them.  (I also bought a Compact
Flash card from them, for my digital camera;  again, great price, works
flawlessly...)

Crucial also has memory upgrades for iBooks, PowerBooks, all the Macs.

Best of luck  (...iMacs rule!)
--Gene Bogart