[P1] Another Question

Small Moose Ltd small_moose_ltd at mac.com
Sun Apr 27 03:20:33 PDT 2003

On 27/4/03 10:39 am, "Charles Martin" <chasm at mac.com> wrote:

> You're not going to be authoring DVDs then. You *must* have a G4 to
> make DVDs.

Charles, I heard recently that this is not the case. A Japanese company have
been producing external DVD writing drives that are compatible with G3
machines. I don't recall it saying how long it would take a G3 machine to
write such a disc, but it is possible.

Somewhere else it was said that it would be nearly impossible for a G3 to
create DVD's because the processing necessary would tie up the chip for
hours at a time. I think the Japanese produced drive was implying that this
has since been overcome.