[P1] Another Question

david davidwb at spymac.com
Sun Apr 27 06:27:35 PDT 2003

On Sunday, April 27, 2003, at 08:28  AM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

>> Somewhere else it was said that it would be nearly impossible for a
>> G3 to
>> create DVD's because the processing necessary would tie up the chip
>> for
>> hours at a time.
>
> It may not completely tie up the chip, but the creation of the DVD
> takes hour(s) on a G4. Someone can offer a bit more accurate data  but
> if I remember correctly the few iDVDs I burned were not burned
> quickly. iDVD, for instance, first creates a disk image of your
> project and then burns it to the DVD. So there are three steps,
> assemble, burn, verify.

I can confirm. The DVDs I created using iDVD and a granite iMac tied up
the computer nearly all day. (work day) I took to starting the process
before I left work and hoping nothing went wrong to stop the process
while I was gone.

Good qualities are easier to destroy than bad ones, and therefore
uniformity is most easily achieved by lowering all standards.
  ~~ Bertrand Russell

David