[P1] Two versions of one program?

Ruffin Bailey rufbo1 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 04:24:44 PDT 2003

> Java however can not be down-graded. The only was to revert to an older
> version is to reinstall OS X. Not a nice option!

I don't think that's quite true, luckily.  When you upgraded to Java 1.4.1, 1.3.1 is still on your system.  In fact, when you release an app-bundled Java application on OS X, you've got the option to force it to use 1.3.1 even if an end user has 1.4.1 installed.  (Which is just to say the old version's definintely still there.)

If you don't find the answer, you might sign up and post quickly.  Generally people on the list are pretty helpful.  Though you might not be able to force Safari to use 1.3.1 specifically, perhaps there's a system-wide setting to go back to the earlier Java version.

Sorry I don't know the whole answer off the top of my head.

Ruffin Bailey

--
This message sent by an unregistered version of The Digest Handler.
If you read email digests, you NEED The Digest Handler!