[P1] External hard Drive

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Tue Aug 5 04:31:26 PDT 2003

> I'm not very handy (a huge understatement), and I'm assuming something that
> costs nearly $200 assembled, and only about $95 when bought in separate
> parts, must require some skills to put together. Or is it as easy as
> ordering the two components, sticking one into the other, and you're good to
> go?

Open the case (usually four screws) plug in ide cable, power cable and
secure drive in case (four screws) put back in case and secure 4 screws and
you're done. It's not quite plug and play - but if you can use a screw
driver - hey - you've put together your first computer component. Another
technique is to invite a handy friend over for a beer. :)

Dan