[P1] OT: Anonymous FTP?

don hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Wed Aug 6 10:59:27 PDT 2003

a dotMac account provides a "Public" folder that anyone can access and
retrieve stuff.
-don

"Tom R. no spam" wrote:

> If they'll be doing browser connects, why not just have it be
> an ordinary web page with an index list of what's available to
> download?  You could have a login that way, too, or just leave
> it open to anyone who knows the url.  This approach is common.
> Check the HTML "no index" and "no follow" tags if you want to
> *try* to keep it off search site lists.

—don hinkle

The wells from one Oklahoma oilfield produced 50 percent of all the oil
for the Allied Forces in the First World War. However each boom was
followed by a bust. One of the biggest was in 1984, when dozens of
Oklahoma banks went bankrupt. A bumper sticker read “Lord, Send Me
Another Oil Boom. I Promise Not to Blow This One.” Read OKLAHOMA, an
Enslow book, by Donald Henry Hinkle. ISBN 0-7660-5138-2