ok, I'm in X

don hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Sun Aug 10 12:56:14 PDT 2003

OK, I successfully loaded Jag on my 500 mghz iBook, and now I'm starting
to learn how to use it.
First, I still need to boot (often?) into 9.
For instance, my email is in Netscape 4.7.
I have two accounts.
If possible, I'd like to move those accounts (with all messages,
addresses and bookmarks) to IE so I can run it in X. However, I
understand IE only does Browsers. Is there a separate program (as in
Communicator) that handles the email or should I switch to Mail?
I didn't load iMovie and iTunes because I have them in OS 9, but then I
realize I need to get the apps that run under X. (Will those run also in 9?)
...Can I just drag over via Ethernet, iMovie and iTunes from my iMac
which has them loaded in X apps? And then delete them from OS 9 to save
disk space?

To run Palm, I had to load it in 9. IS there an X version of Palm? (if
so, where do I get it?)
In order to buy music in iTunes, I need to run QT 6.x. However, I have a
paid version of QT 5 Pro.
If I load 6 in X, will that wipe out my v 5 Pro in 9?

Realize this is a lotta questions, but they're piling up.
Thanks for help.

--
—donald henry hinkle

Author of OKLAHOMA, a brief story about a state, ISBN 0-7660-5138-2, and
RONALD REAGAN, a biography of the 40th President of the USA, ISBN
0-7660-5112-9, both published in 2003 by Enslow.