[P1] Hot syncing a PC only Palm cradle?

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 16:39:58 PDT 2003

On 8/14/03 6:54 PM, "Brian Olesky" <brian4 at sbcglobal.net> wrote (edited for
length):

> I just bought a new Sprint phone (Samsung I-500) with a built in Palm and
> web browser. However, the phone's Palm sync cradle is PC only, and they have
> no drivers for Mac as yet. I called Samsung tech support and asked how I
> could sync with my iBook and they suggested buying a serial cable from an
> older model and a serial to USB converter (thereby adding about $75 more to
> a phone that already cost $600.)
>
> I'd be syncing the phone's Palm with EntourageX on my iBook, as I usually do
> with my standalone Palm.
>
> So, my questions are, anybody have any experience syncing a PC only Palm
> cradle with an iBook?

Is it a USB cradle? If so, have you tried just downloading Palm software for
Mac from Palm, plugging it in and seeing what happens? I have a Kyocera 7135
Palm phone. I never even bothered checking to see what was on the CD that
came with it. Microsoft has a conduit for syncing with EntourageX. Unless
there's something funky about the i500, it ought to work like any other
Palm.

Meg
--
PowerBook 12-inch