[P1] Hot syncing a PC only Palm cradle?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 16:53:48 PDT 2003

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 06:54  PM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> So, my questions are, anybody have any experience syncing a PC only
> Palm
> cradle with an iBook?

All you need is a USB connector and if the phone maker is smart they
would supply a USB cable. Palm makes a USB adapter if the phoneco is
that stupid.

> Is it enough just to have a full backup on my old standalone Palm in
> case I
> lose info on my iBook?

Should be. But you shouldn't lose anything. You can always create a
duplicate by option dragging a copy of your palm folder to your desktop.

> Do I face any additional dangers plugging this cradle into my iBook and
> pushing the hot-sync button? Could my iBook explode and level a 5-block
> area?

Of course not, there are no Gigahertz ibooks yet.

You might melt the family TV and microwave...

---
Really cool lightning:  <http://www.oklahomalightning.com/>

<http://www.jackrodgers.com/lightning/>