[P1] Hot syncing a PC only Palm cradle?

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 14 17:02:40 PDT 2003

>> I just bought a new Sprint phone (Samsung I-500) with a built in Palm and
>> web browser. However, the phone's Palm sync cradle is PC only, and they have
>> no drivers for Mac as yet.

> Is it a USB cradle? If so, have you tried just downloading Palm software
forMac from Palm, plugging it in and seeing what happens? I have a Kyocera 7135
> Palm phone. I never even bothered checking to see what was on the CD that
> came with it. Microsoft has a conduit for syncing with EntourageX. Unless
> there's something funky about the i500, it ought to work like any other
> Palm.

Yes, it's a USB cradle, marked PC only. I already have the Palm software for
Mac on my iBook, and I'm already using it and the Microsoft conduit to sync
my old Palm handheld to Entourage X using a cradle with a serial cable and a
serial to USB adapter. With the Kyocera, are you saying you use a USB cradle
advertised as PC only, and you just plugged it into your Mac and it worked?
Or did it come with a serial cable and serial to USB adapter like my old
one?