[P1] encryption

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Aug 28 12:27:17 PDT 2003

Joost van de Griek wrote the following:

> On 2003-08-28 10:20, e.mkeene wrote:
>
>>> You can prevent that through the wonders of Open Firmware.
>>
>> How?
>
> <http://www.securemac.com/openfirmwarepasswordprotection.php>

There is the way mentioned above of course (which I used as well for a
period of time), but it is much easier and less risky (IMHO) to simply use
the GUI equivalent which is included on the OS X installation disk..secure
mac also had a feature on this method a while ago. If I remember correctly
you boot into the OS X install disk and then under one of the menu bar items
it is listed...I can't remember if you had to quit the installer first or
not but with some searching it can be found...

It was mentioned earlier on the list (check the archives over the last year)
or search under securemac for the same item but GUI interface...

HTH,

Richard