[P1] Power ON or OFF

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Sun Aug 31 09:38:16 PDT 2003

On Sunday, Aug 31, 2003, at 11:23 US/Central, Barry Lyden wrote:

> No harm. But just like everything else in this world, there ARE
> various opinions. There are arguments for shutting down and
> arguments for leaving it up and running.

The only good argument I can think of for shutting down is if
you are running off batteries.  In that case, you'll use some
power if sleeping, and none otherwise.

I agree with the other posters that note there is no stability
reason to reboot.  Winbloze has gotten better in this regard
too.  I rarely have to reboot my machine at work more than
a couple times a day if I'm actually working on it.  My machine
that just does email frequently makes it a week before it
begins misbehaving in an apparently random fashion.  If
Microsoft made cars . . . .

	Mike