[P1] Airport Cards

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Dec 1 00:49:40 PST 2003

Am 30/11/03 9:57 pm schrieb "tinman" unter <heart93 at woh.rr.com>:

> Since it's one of the original G4 imacs, it predates Airport Extreme.

Learn something new every day!

> That's a good tip, since it will be my first crack at this. Should I
> complete the setup assistant on the machine I will be using as the Base
> Station first, or does it not matter?

I would suggest doing it first with the machine that you currently have
setup for the internet...as it will ask you if you already have an account
and if it is set-up..it then takes over the settings in system prefs and
configures everything automagically, then when you set-up the second machine
it will be easier, let us know how you get on...

> I am using Panther, and I am already impressed with how easy networking
> is. I'm pretty excited to try this. Now I just have to work on my
> patience while I wait for the cards to arrive ;-)

I know that feeling :-) remember that anticipation is at least 3/4 of the
thrill of anything!

Cheers,

Richard