[P1] Panther bits

david davidwb at spymac.com
Mon Dec 1 03:36:29 PST 2003

On 12/1/03 3:48 AM, "Joost van de Griek" <joost at jvdg.net> wrote:

> On 2003-12-01 09:42, Richard McKay wrote:
>
>> Entourage[...] everything is in one program (no need to open 3-4 different
>> ones and try to switch between...
>
> I actually prefer the separate program paradigm of Mail/Address Book/iCal;
> that way I can switch between them with Command-Tab, and my mail won't be
> gone when I am working on my calendar.

Okay, a question:

On my work email accounts I receive mail from my students as well as
colleagues. Using mail groups and rules I separate the non-spam mail into
student mail, colleague mail, and other. This is done both for the community
college email address and the high school email address.

Until Office:X was released, I used mail.app but I was frustrated by a
number of quirks that made using it a less than happy experience. But the
deal killer was simply this. Mail that was channeled into folders 'forgot'
which email account it came from. So if a student emailed with a question,
when I replied to that message it would be sent from my default email
account, not the one it was sent to.

I've never used an email client that did this! It's as if Apple assumes we
all have only one email address. Has this been fixed in Panther?