[P1] ms office

Tom Burke tom_burke at mac.com
Thu Dec 4 06:42:31 PST 2003

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 08:41  am, Dr. Peter Stoyanov wrote:

> Dear LIst,
>
> I'm waiting tomorrow for my new iBook and I consider purchasing MS
> office for it. Now the office 2003 for windows is on sale, does
> someone can guess when will be the next incarnation of ms office for
> mac ?
>
> the question boils down to this - is it now the right time to purchase
> the office or wait couple of weeks for the new edition?
>
> any advice will be highly appreciated.
>
> best
> peter

Do you not have a deal in the US whereby you can get Office much
cheaper if you buy it when you buy a new Mac? The dealers here and the
Apple Store hee (UK) have been doing this for probably a year or so
now. You can buy Office for X for £125 (plus VAT - about another £22),
as against a regular price of over £400.

So for us, it's pretty much always worth buying Office if you buy a new
machine. To the point where I bought a copy to go on my wife's old
Powerbook - she'd tried AppleWorks but didn't like it - when I bought
my new Powerbook, even though I didn't want Office for myself.

Tom Burke