[P1] Multiple users using Mail

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Thu Dec 4 08:07:17 PST 2003

On Tuesday, December 2, 2003, at 09:43  AM, Tom Legare wrote:

> Since there is so much recent discussion on Mail vs. Entourage, I was
> hoping someone could help me with the following two Mail questions:
>
> 2) With multiple email accounts, is there a way to have privacy so
> other members of your family cannot switch to your inbox/outbox to
> read your messages?

If your mac is setup for multiple user accounts (everyone gets their
own log in ID), then your mail folders are stored in <user's home
directory>/library/mail folder for each individual users.  They can not
see yours, and you can not see theirs.  As far as I know, mail does not
have any security built into it to keep access from certain mailboxes.

Scott