[P1] OT: Any chance Apple will soon upgrade the 20" iMac? (and other questions)

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 14 12:41:36 PST 2003

For me Applecare usually pays for itself just by giving me free telephone
tech support for an extra 2 years and 9 months. (If I remember correctly you
get 90 days of free telephone support for a new Mac, and with Applecare,
that extends to 3 years.)

Of course if you have a serious hardware problem in the second and third
year, it definitely pays to have it.

By the way, it's absolutely worth $119, but unless you're talking about some
foreign currency, I think it's usually $219. However, I usually get it for
less at Small Dog (one of the sponsors of this list). I notice it's $149
there today. Other people may know of better prices somewhere else.

Brian