[P1] Can I Create VCD from iMovie?

viaoddbrainstorm viaoddbrainstorm at mac.com
Mon Dec 15 23:01:54 PST 2003

On Monday, Dec 15, 2003, at 17:09 America/Denver, malim damak wrote:

> I am introducing to the world of video editing... and i tried iMovie.
> I am still trying to get my SONY camcoder to connect to the computer.
> Can I create a VCD with it? Like, play the homevideo created with
> iMovie CD with a VCD player? I dont have the superdrive, just a combo.
> So is it possible? or its only for creating quicktime movies etc..
> what format should it be?
>
> Thanks.
> maria

You can record a VCD from iMovie via Toast Titanium.  A digital Sony
would be recognized by iMovie when you connect your camera through
firewire.  Analog recording requires different software with more often
than not poor results.  The more recent DVD players recognize the VCD
format.  The VCD format results in analog quality (VCR like) due to
compression and does not even approach the level of a DVD .

Hypnotically Yours,

David
<http://homepage.mac.com/viaoddbrainstorm/hypnotic.htm>