[P1] Utilities to run on ibook: dw vs. tt

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Dec 17 10:49:45 PST 2003

> By the way, how and how often to you "backup" your data? This is just
> your files, right?

Not nearly as often as I should! I have an AppleScript set up to make
duplicates of important files on the iBook that change regularly (mail,
Quicken files, Safai bookmarks), but that's just a backup copy on the
same computer. Every so often, I'll do a full backup of the iBook to my
iMac (which is primarily used for business), which has it's own
"account."

On the iMac, the only files that are regularly backed up are
work-related business files in progress (because recreating them would
require hours or days of work). iTunes music and iPhoto pictures are
backed up every so often, but that's about it.

I'm about to buy a large Firewire drive specifically for the purpose of
making regular back-ups.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net