[P1] what's the difference between...

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Dec 17 15:04:12 PST 2003

> What's the difference between PC100 SDRAM and PC133 SDRAM?  I thought I
> heard somewhere that PC133 is faster so that is what I am thinking I
> want to get but I don't know if it will work with my Key Lime iBook
> (it's 466MHz and I am upgrading it to 576 MB RAM, but I need to know
> which module to get).

When I bought a RAM upgrade for my Key Lime iBook, it was "512 MEG
PC100 SO DIMM FOR APPLE IBOOK" (from <http://www.18004memory.com/>,
cost me just over $100 with tax and FedEx 2-day shipping). I don't know
what the difference is off the top of my head, but you'll almost
certainly want the PC100 SDRAM. (The new G4 iBooks can use the faster
module, but none of the previous models can.)

Many vendors will allow you to search for RAM by product, which should
make this process easier (and more foolproof).

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net