3 requests for assistance

C. Jackson Williams cjxn at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 17 18:27:31 PST 2003

Lurkers like me should feel privileged to log one request; I apologize
in advance for abusing your hospitality.

I have a 600 mhz icebook with the RAM maxed out. I recently performed a
clean install of Panther, which gave rise to two issue. I created a
third by trying to tweak the menu bar. Any assistance lent on any or
all problems would be greatly appreciated.

1) Before wiping my my hard drive clean, I backed many of my files on
iDisk. I've had second thoughts about reloading all of them now that I
have a tidy hard drive again. I was able to trash a number of the files
stored on iDisk. Others, though, won't budge; the error message says
that I don't sufficient privileges to trash them. Is there a way to
repair permissions on iDisk?

2) I also backed up on CDs a bunch of songs that I had purchased from
iTunes. When I reloaded them, I discovered that the songs, but none of
the accompanying information about the songs, were saved on the CDs. I
believe that I have a playlist saved on my iDisk. Is there a way to
view a saved playlist?

3) Finally, I followed the instructions (though evidently not to a T)
for adding a menu icon to my menu bar. I "navigated" to
System>Librabry>CoreServices>MenuExtras. found the eject item, tried to
drag it to the menu bar, and succeeded only in dragging it to the
desktop, where it made a duplicate of itself. I trashed the duplicate,
and stupidly emptied the trash. Now none of the standard eject moves
work. Further, my iBook no longer sees my CD drive. A file named
"Eject.menu" still resides in the folder. Is there a fix for this short
of reintalling Panther?

Thank you.

Jack Williams
cjxn at earthlink.net