[P1] Problems with combo drive in my iBook

Brad Lincoln bradlinc at mac.com
Mon Dec 29 22:14:37 PST 2003

> On Dec 29, 2003, at 2:55 PM, Mark Kippert wrote:
>
>> I've been having trouble with the combo drive (CDRW/DVD) in my 500MHz
>> iBook.
>> In the last 6 months it has failed to mount CDs or DVDs, but the
>> problem is
>> intermittent

I had a similar problem with my iBook 600MHz Combo. I thought the issue
was corrupted software but after installing Panther it still wouldn't
mount disks on a regular basis. I zapped the PRAM back to the defaults
and now I have no problems with either DVDs or CDs. I learned how zap
the PRAM back to the defaults from some site I discovered on Google,
unfortunately I don't remember which one.

-Brad Lincoln