[P1] conserving battery life

Brandon M. Bost bbost at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 29 22:17:30 PST 2003

I definitely don't speak for the group, but I normally use X (I'm a
college student, so most of my tasks are related to research papers,
e-mail, internet, the occasional spreadsheet and powerpoint
presentation, etc.) and I get about 5 to 5 1/2 hours battery life.  I'm
not sure how OS 9 would extend that much farther.  I should note that I
have a brand new battery, and it really does get close to the 6 hours
that the new iBooks claim to get.