[P1] Has anyone experienced excess fan use after updating to 10.3.2 or Battery update 1.1 ?

K Peex1 kpeex1 at cox.net
Tue Dec 30 04:38:36 PST 2003

On Dec 29, 2003, at 5:48 PM, Brian Pearce wrote:

>> Any ideas about your fan use - I never heard a fan ever until my logic
>> board failed and needed replacement, but this was accompanied by all
>> kinds
>> of other issues.

Absolutely! My fan runs continuously. Had the good old display failure
(2002/800/Combo) accompanied by a cheerful AppleCare "logic board
replacement".

Fan runs all the time. iBook much cooler. Unfortunately, I had done
lots of other stuff like wipe and clean install Panther before I
noticed continuous fan. Never thought about the service proximity being
coincidental with the fan running....

I also have a voltage leak which is easily felt by sensitive skin.

And surprisingly, the battery life seems OK, but I'll bet it would be
better without the fan and stray voltage.

Kevin