[P1] Wireless routers compatible with Airport

Russ Gorman rusty57 at mac.com
Tue Dec 30 20:48:01 PST 2003

I set up my neighbors Linksys router for his Windows machine using my
dual USB iBook, because he couldn't get it to work with his computer.
You need an ethernet cable  and a web browser (I used Safari) but IE
would work.
The hardest thing to do was update the software of  my neighbors
Linksys (it wasn't a necessity but I thought I'd bring him up-to-date;
it required downloading some shareware ( which I happily paid $12 for )
and then only took about a minute to do.
I am now running a Linksys router as a second node after my Airport on
my wireless network.