[P1] OT: LCD vs. CRT

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 6 15:39:10 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 10:34  PM, good-dog at northshore.net
wrote:

> Where I work we use PC's mostly (the art department has the macs, but
> even there, the head guy says stuff like "We ain't moving to OS X for
> a long time. Too much trouble and it's not stable." I don't get it,
> but I don't get a lot), and it's pretty much a CRT screen environment.

There is no universal law that says that using a Mac makes one
brilliant, sane or logical. Although most Mac users think they are...

Apple is trying to convince the young and naive that it makes them
powerful...  :)

> Does anyone know what the effects of one screen are versus the other?
> Is  there a difference?  IT seems the PC screen is vibrating
> sometimes, where as the Mac is calm.  Are there any resources online
> where I can read up on this?

Jittery screens can be just that, jittery, and may need repair or
adjustment.

Sometimes it is just the mhz used on the display. I have noticed that
for me a mhz over 75 or so is easier on the eyes than a lower one in
the 60s. Check your monitor control panel or whatever is used for those
monitors and see if there are any adjustments.

---
In an article about DoubleClick, Wired posts a DoubleClick cookie:
<http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,54769,00.html>

http://www.jackrodgers.com