[P1] Silent running iBook: Revisited!

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 6 15:51:42 PST 2003

>> For my purposes I want to put the iBook on my lap, have AppleWorks 6
>> and
>> Microsoft Word open at the same time, probably Entourage too. I want
>> to be
>> able to flip between the three and not have the hard drive spin up
>> once.

I think Word 4 was the last version of Word that would operate in a
book mode and very, very seldom access the hard drive.

Wanting this to happen is not a bad thing but I can't see it every
happening. Now if you were using a Tandy 100 or 200...  Those were the
days, cool, silent running, light weight, 24K of memory.,.

---
In an article about DoubleClick, Wired posts a DoubleClick cookie:
<http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,54769,00.html>

http://www.jackrodgers.com